Hello Brides and Grooms To Be!
I’m Ruby the Rochester Bride! As a newlywed of the Rochester area, I love sharing my knowledge of the wedding experience with newly engaged couples. This week I can’t wait to share with you some tips and pointers about the next step in creating your own planning checklist, which is 3-6 months before your wedding!
- Schedule dance classes.
- Plan bachelor and/or bachelorette parties.
- Schedule final fitting for wedding gown.
- Obtain something old, new, borrowed, and blue.
- Verify attire alterations, shoes, and jewelry.
- Mail invitations (6 weeks before wedding).
- Have programs printed.
- Experiment with your hair and headpiece to find a wedding style.
- Purchase cake top, cake knife, toasting glasses, ring bearer's pillow, guest book, garter, aisle runner, candles, and/or rent the money box.
- Buy gifts for attendants, spouse to be, and both sets of parents.
- Mail invitations for rehearsal dinner.
- Acquire a marriage license (valid for 60 days).
- Inform special guests of duties (IE, readings at ceremony).