Hello Brides and Grooms To Be!
I’m Ruby the Rochester Bride! As a newlywed of the Rochester area, I love sharing my knowledge of the wedding experience with newly engaged couples. This week I can’t wait to share with you some information about Boudoir Photography!
Boudoir is defined as a woman’s bedroom, dressing room or private sitting room. Boudoir photography is a glimpse into that world. Boudoir portraits are growing in popularity as a gift for a bride to give her groom. How to choose the perfect Boudoir photographer for your shoot?
1. Take some time to look at the photographer’s work. Does it speak to your emotions? Do you look at the portraits and think “I want to look that sexy and beautiful?”
2. You are perfect in every way, but it’s nice knowing that your photographer will make sure every inch of you reflects that in your portraits! When you review the photographer’s portfolio the women should look amazing. Real, but perfect. That perfection is a reflection of their skill both behind the camera and in the work that goes into the images after they capture them.
3. Is a makeup artist included with the session? It’s incredibly important to have someone do your make-up for your shoot. It’s equally important for the makeup artist to understand the photographer’s lighting techniques.
4. Where will the shoot take place? The ideal location can be a studio or your home, but it needs to be private and comfortable for you. A studio session is ideal as the photographer will have the most control, but a good photographer can make almost any space work.
5. Finally, and most importantly, you must be comfortable with your photographer. Once you find the right photographer for your boudoir shoot, he or she will make sure that the true you is captured – your sensuality and how you express it is up to you. Embrace the experience and let the real you come through.