I’m Ruby the Rochester Bride! As a newlywed of the Rochester area, I love sharing my knowledge of the wedding experience with newly engaged couples. This week I can’t wait to share with you some tips and pointers on finding reception music!
- Know what kind of music you'd want.
- Keep in mind the number and age range of your wedding guests.
- Gather recommendations.
- Start interviewing for musical entertainment after you know the location and date of the reception.
- Entertainment should be booked as much as a year in advance.
- Ask if they have any special requirements.
- Remember to delegate someone to make sure the entertainer receives a check when the evening is over.
Some questions to ask entertainer:
- Availability (dates and times)
- What wedding packages do you have available?
- Do you have references?
- If you are ill on my wedding day who will be your replacement?
- What is your fee and do you charge for overtime?
- Are there any traveling fees?
- What power supply requirements do you have?
- What type of deposits do you require to hold the wedding date?Lastly, dance the night away!